Candoris works together with VanEck, a privately owned Asset Manager focused on commodities and Emerging Markets based in New York City
VanEck, the firm:
- Founded in 1955, privately owned, long term focus
- Focus on active and passive strategies, commodities and Emerging Markets
- VanEck presently manages US$ 44.5bn, of which US$ 11.3 bn in Emerging Market space
The Investment Philosophy is as follows:
- An unconstrained approach is key to optimizing portfolio risk using the distinct risk and return characteristics of each of the emerging markets debt sub-universes
- Asset prices should reflect country and corporate fundamentals
- Risks and returns ultimately emanate from country and corporate fundamentals, not top-down macro factors
The strategy offers exposure to emerging markets fundamentals, generally characterized by lower debts and deficits, higher growth rates and independent central banks. Lead Portfolio Manager, Eric Fine, has over 25 years of experience in emerging markets.
The Unconstrained Emerging Markets Bond strategy seeks total return, consisting of income and capital appreciation.